Diocese of Marquette - Part-time Admin. Asst. to Superintendent of Catholic Schools
The Catholic Diocese of Marquette seeks an Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools who desires to serve Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. This is a part-time,19-hour, non-exempt position that does not include health or pension benefits.
Position requirements include demonstrated skills in the use of a computer, fluency in digital technology, organization, written & oral communication, assistance in event planning, the ability to work as a member of a team, ability to maintain confidentiality, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize.
Please complete this application, found at www.dioceseofmarquette.org employment page: https://dioceseofmarquette.org/UserFiles/File/PolicyManuals/DiocesanPolicies/Administrative/PMA-081.pdf
Send the completed application, along with a resume or letter of interest, to Mark Salisbury at email@example.com or to Mark Salisbury, Diocese of Marquette, 1007 Harbor Hills Drive, Marquette, MI 49855.
St. John Paul II Catholic Academy - Part-time Math Teacher
St. John Paul II Catholic Academy seeks a part-time Math Teacher to join their friendly staff in Menominee, MI. As a part-time Math Teacher, you will promote the intellectual growth of 7th & 8th grade Math subject matter.
Candidates with interest in also teaching other subject matters such as Science or Spanish would be considered for becoming full-time in the future.
- Instilling learning and other skills in students
- Developing teaching strategies to address individual needs of students
- Engaging students in learning in a Christ-centered environment
- Working with other staff on student’s learning
- Communicating students’ progress to parents
- Paid holidays, PTO, and sick days
- Faculty tuition benefit
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- Background in teaching Math
- 2 years of teaching experience at any level
- In class management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certification in teaching Math preferred
- Science or Spanish Teaching experience a bonus
ABOUT St. John Paul II Catholic Academy is a Pre-K through 8th-grade private Catholic academy serving Menominee, MI since 1876. For the past 140 years, their approach to education is to set a high standard of excellence and support students as they strive to achieve it.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy is committed to partnering with families to provide high-quality academic education in a safe environment based on the religious teachings of the Roman Catholic Faith.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy will be recognized throughout the Menominee area as a vibrant, distinctively Catholic elementary school in the classical liberal arts tradition. Faculty and staff at Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy will provide students with individualized attention in a Christian atmosphere of acceptance and challenge in order to aid them in:
- Growing in Christ and the Catholic faith,
- Developing a strong feeling of self-worth, and
- Being academically prepared for their future.
Learn more at jpiicatholicacademy.org
Posted Aug. 12, 2020
Tribunal manager - Diocese of Grand RapidsDIOCESE OF GRAND RAPIDS
POSITION TITLE: Tribunal Manager
REPORTS TO: Judicial Vicar
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Administrative Associate
BROAD STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administration of the Tribunal including preparing case files for the setting of grounds, administrating the II Instance court, preparing “Rotal” appeals and assisting or substituting for the administrative associate when needed.
- Prepare annual budget and monitor income and expenses, correcting or adjusting budget as needed.
- Authorizes expenditures for payment by the Diocese.
- Assists Administrative Associate in making purchase of supplies.
- Monitors computer systems and requests upgrades as needed.
- Authorizes time of hourly employees.
- Monitors building maintenance, cleaning and repair.
First Instance Case Intake
- Receives cases, determines case type, assigns grounds as necessary, and constitutes the court.
- Assures that documents and testimony and other information is submitted and requests missing documents.
- When the file is completed, assigns the judge and gives him the completed file for the setting of the grounds.
- Follows cases through completion.
Second Instance Court
- Responsible for functioning of second instance court for appeals and ratification.
- Prepares Second Instance cases for trial.
- Prepares appeal cases for trial and refers the case to the Judicial Vicar for a decision on accepting the appeal to trial.
- Communicates with Detroit concerning their cases.
- Prepares annual schedule of courts and officers, schedules extra court sessions, and prepares documents for court.
Appeals to the Roma Rota
- Prepare appeals to the Roman Rota.
- Makes transcripts of testimony, prepares copies and arranges shipping to the Rota.
- Obtains documents and testimony.
- Prepares copies are required by the Rota.
- Arranges shipping to the Rota.
- Assists and backs up the Administrative Associate.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma.
- Three years experience in administrations and tribunal/canonical functions and process.
- Knowledgeable of office procedures, computer hardware and software (Microsoft) and other office machines.
- Decision making skills.
- Ability to make decisions, work without supervision in keeping the office and cases running in a timely and effective manner.
- Supervisory skills and the ability to work with others.
- Knowledge of Canon Law and procedural requirements governing the process of marriage cases in first instance, second instance and appeals to the Roma Rota.
- Broad knowledge of Diocese of Grand Rapids organizational operations and policy.
- A high level of experience, discretion and integrity to keep interoffice and case information confidential.
- Ability to interpret, comprehend, and transmit complicated and detailed instructions in order to perform and plan job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other and to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to concentrate and pay close attention to details.
- Broad knowledge of organizational operations and policy of the Diocese of Grand Rapids.
- Ability to climb stairs, lift and carry supplies, materials and boxes average 10-30 lbs. along with prolonged sitting, stooping, bending, stretching and standing.
- Ability to treat all persons who contact the tribunal with respect and dignity.
To apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Aug. 7, 2020
A link to the job application for the Diocese of Marquette is below. We leave this available online for your convenience, even when no diocesan jobs are posted.
Job Application for the Diocese of Marquette
Click here to download a PDF of the application
Links to Michigan diocesan employment websites: