Director of Accounting - Diocese of Marquette, Michigan
The Catholic Diocese of Marquette seeks an organized and driven Director of Accounting, who desires to serve Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, to join its Finance Department in Marquette, Michigan. The Director of Accounting will oversee the accounting and budgeting functions for the various departments of the diocese and assist schools and parishes with accounting and budgeting.
- Maintain accounting records for the various departments of the diocese
- Assist or prepare the monthly financial statements for all diocesan departments
- Supervise staff
- Be a liaison to departments/offices/parishes regarding bookkeeping matters and personnel policies and issues
- Assist in Human Resource matters as needed
- Supervise payroll for all diocesan departments
- Maintain investment information for the diocese
- Oversee employee benefit plans with Benefits Coordinator
- Other duties as needed
BENEFITS Diocese of Marquette offers an excellent benefits package, including health insurance and pension.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness and ability to work in a team
- Computer skills in database management and accounting preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in Accounting preferred
APPLY ONLINE AT https://diocese.hirescore.com/
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
ABOUT The Diocese of Marquette is a church that has been in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan since its founding by Bishop Baraga over 150 years ago.
The Diocese of Marquette is united in Word and Sacrament and in communion with the universal Catholic Church. The Diocese witnesses to and proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ for all people in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Learn more at dioceseofmarquette.org
Posted May 4, 2020
Youth Formation Director - Sylvania, Ohio
Saint Joseph Parish in Sylvania, Ohio seeks an active Catholic for the position of Youth Formation Director. The Director is responsible for the catechetical formation of parish youth ages pre-k through high school in both the parish religious education program and the parish school. This includes hiring and providing ongoing professional development for a team of catechists to assist in the ministry. The Youth Formation Director is also responsible for preparing and presenting Sacramental formation classes for parents. Liturgical planning for the Sacraments of Confirmation as well as First Holy Communion is also a component of the job. Academic background in Theology and Education required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Monsignor Michael Billian at firstname.lastname@example.org 5411 Main Street, Sylvania, Ohio 43560.
Posted March 10, 2020
A link to the job application for the Diocese of Marquette is below. We leave this available online for your convenience, even when no diocesan jobs are posted.
Job Application for the Diocese of Marquette
Click here to download a PDF of the application
Links to Michigan diocesan employment websites: