Cathedral Director of Sacred Music/Cathedral Organist
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of the Catholic Church’s liturgical tradition and be committed to implementing the Church’s directives on sacred music as found in the official documents of the Church.
- Plan and direct music for weddings, funerals, Masses, and more at the Cathedral, and, on occasion, at other locations.
- Create, coordinate, and direct the diocesan choir.
- Supervise all sacred music staff and volunteers.
- Serve as organist for diocesan, pontifical, and parish liturgies.
- Prepare and print programs and songbook supplements.
- Maintain the parish sacred music library.
- Organize and provide workshops and training regarding sacred music for clergy, religious and lay ecclesial sacred music ministers, organists, choirs, choir directors, and more.
- Serve as a music resource and support person for the parishes and missions and other personnel of the diocese.
- Manage sacred music requests.
- Contribute to the Office of Divine Worship Newsletter, including a music planning guide utilizing the diocesan hymnal.
- Develop budgets and submit appropriate documentation for expenditures to the pastor.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in theology, music, sacred liturgy, or related field required.
- 5+ years of sacred music liturgical ministry experience or related required.
- Proficient in organ playing required.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Working knowledge of keyboard or other instruments.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to take initiative, self-direct, and organize/arrange priorities.
- Master’s Degree in theology, music, sacred liturgy, or related field preferred.
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Elementary & Middle School Teacher
Positions: One full-time elementary teacher in grades 3-4
One full-time middle school teacher in grades 5-6.
Deadline: August 6, 2021
$1000 signing bonus
Housing is available if needed. St. Barbara’s rectory is a spacious home with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an office. This includes utilities, plowing, shoveling, and lawn care.
What we lack in salary, we make up for in job satisfaction!!
Michigan Teacher's License: Preferred
School Name: Holy Spirit Catholic School
School Address: 201 Saginaw St., Norway, MI 49870
School Enrollment: 75-80 students
School Grade Levels: Preschool through 8th
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and at least two professional and one personal reference to Mrs. Catherine Menghini, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, August 6, 2021. The cover letter should include any or all grade levels being sought.
Ecclesiastical Notary - Diocese of Marquette
The Catholic Diocese of Marquette seeks a part-time Ecclesiastical Notary to join their team in Marquette, MI. As an Ecclesiastical Notary, you will provide secretarial/clerical support to the Judicial Vicar and serve as a Notary in the Tribunal (20-25 hours per week).
The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain confidentiality as well as to be appointed as an Ecclesiastical Notary as stipulated by canon law (i.e. a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church).
- Provide receptionist services for the Tribunal and record clear, accurate messages.
- Provide secretarial/clerical support for the Judicial Vicar.
- Maintain Tribunal hard copy filing system.
- Maintain records for the Tribunal Office in Tribunal record books.
- Maintain oversight and administrative processing of Formal Matrimonial Cases.
- Update the MS Excel Tribunal case tracking system.
- Transcribe recorded testimony as needed.
- Post outgoing Tribunal mail, including those items for which certified services must be obtained.
- Assist the Judicial Vicar with other matrimonial cases and canonical processes as requested.
- Be present at judicial interviews and authenticate documents.
- Assist with special projects (i.e. planning provincial workshops, etc.).
- Maintain the newspaper’s archives and arrange for annual binding of the year’s past issues, as well as any back issues in coordination with the director.
- Assist advertisers and subscribers with questions and reconciliation of accounts.
- Other duties as needed.
WAGE/BENEFITS The Catholic Diocese of Marquette puts great value in the Ecclesiastical Notary position by offering $15 – $20/hour, as well as benefits.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to be appointed as an Ecclesiastical Notary as stipulated by canon law (practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church).
- Basic knowledge of Catholic theology concerning marriage.
- Strong skills in computers, telephone, and other various technologies.
- Demonstrated skills in spelling/grammar and office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Must maintain a high level of office confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, self-direct, and organize/arrange priorities.
If you accept the call, please apply online at https://diocese.hirescore.com/job/ecclesiastical-notary/
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
ABOUT The Diocese of Marquette: United in Word and Sacrament and in communion with the universal Catholic Church, witness to and proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ for all people in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Learn more at http://www.dioceseofmarquette.org
Director of Religious Education
For the Diocese of Superior, Wis.Job Title: Director of Religious Education
Department: Catholic Formation
Supervisor: Parish Administrator
Work Area: Holy Family Catholic Church (8950 County Highway J, Woodruff, WI 54568), and some occasional travel to meetings out of town.
General Description: The DRE is responsible for the development, organization and administration of the specified areas of religious education and Catholic formation program in fulfillment of the catechetical mission of the parish in cooperation with the pastor, parish staff and Diocesan Department of Catholic Formation.
Working Conditions: The DRE is a full-time position. An office in a comfortable, private environment will be provided, along with appropriate accessories and equipment.
Qualifications: The DRE must be living in full sacramental communion with the Catholic Church. This person needs to be working towards or possess elevated level religious certification from the Diocese. A bachelor's degree in religious education, theology or related fields is preferred but not required. Teaching experience in religious education is preferred. This person must be competent in visioning, applying age appropriate catechetical methods and basic program development as well as exhibit skills in interpersonal communication, collaborative ministry and public speaking.
This person will provide the following functions:
1. Supervise all parish religious education and Catholic formation programs and personnel, and organize resources in religious education for the pastor, parish administrator, parish staff and parishioners.
2. Recruit and train teachers/facilitators of early childhood, youth and adult programs.
3. Supervise curricula planning and the selection of texts.
4. Establish the details of the programs’ calendar.
5. Oversee the registration process.
6. Provide appropriate environments for catechetical and spiritual growth.
7. Ensure proper supervision of indoor and outdoor facilities during program times.
8. Creates handbooks and other communications for youth, parents and catechists.
9. Recruits, hires and supervises catechists and volunteers.
10. Assists each catechist in establishing and implementing their plan for diocesan
catechist certification and maintains catechist records.
11. Provides in-services and on-going development opportunities for catechists.
12. Works with the Diocesan Department of Catholic Formation and represent the parish at various meetings and conferences pertaining to religious education and/or administrative development.
13. Cooperate with parish staff members in developing and implementing parish programs and use of the facilities.
14. Promote religious education among all segments of the parish community.
15. Provide and monitor, in consultation with the parish administrator, pastor and parish finance council, an annual budget.
16. Evaluate the programs to determine strengths, areas of improvement and future needs.
17. Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by the parish administrator.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
A link to the job application for the Diocese of Marquette is below. We leave this available online for your convenience, even when no diocesan jobs are posted.
Job Application for the Diocese of Marquette
Click here to download a PDF of the application
Links to Michigan diocesan employment websites: