How to report Abuse:

Diocese of Marquette Child Abuse Policy (CIVIL LAW)

If you know of an incident of the sexual abuse of a minor by anyone in Church service including a member of the clergy, a religious, a lay employee or volunteer we encourage you to come forward so that we can take action to protect others and help those who have been harmed to find healing.

We are open to and respect your complaint; you are important.
We want to make this process as safe as possible.

Victims Assistance Coordinators are there to help those who have been harmed through the difficult and sometimes painful process of healing and hope.

To contact a Victim’s Assistance Coordinator, call:

  • Stephen Lynott at (844) 495-4330 or
  • Diane Tryan at (844) 694-4362.

OR Write:

Victims Assistance Coordinator
c/o Catholic Social Services of the UP
1100 Ludington St. Suite 401
Escanaba MI 49829

Please mark the letter "Personal and Confidential" and indicate in your letter how you wish to be contacted (by phone or by letter).

Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service

The Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service (CBAR) has been established to receive reports of sexual abuse and related misconduct by bishops and to relay those reports to proper Church authorities for investigation. To make a report, visit or phone (800) 276-1562. When a report includes a crime, such as the sexual abuse of a minor, it will also be reported to civil authorities. Otherwise, reports will be kept confidential.

We always encourage you to report the incident to local civil authorities.

To contact the Michigan Attorney General’s office, call:

(844) 324-3374
or send an email to:

The Diocese of Marquette reports all allegations to the appropriate civil authorities.

Diocese of Marquette ~ 1004 Harbor Hills Drive, Marquette, MI 49855-8851 ~ (906) 225-1141